Hello, I’m Suzanne Frydman and at Relax Communications I currently offer two Meditation & Deep Relaxation group classes, as well as individual counselling and arts therapy sessions.
My love for personal learning meant creating this Relax Communications service. Meditation and creative arts practices are a gateway to finding out about yourself and others.
I have worked in education for twenty years and facilitated groups of children, youth and adults in a range of settings, including cross-cultural contexts.
I am passionate about the arts and trained in experiential & creative arts therapy, professional writing & yoga. I have developed educational materials for a range of organisations, love to write, meditate and explore creative pathways. As part of an ongoing commitment to meet the needs of clients, I regularly engage in professional supervision and training.
Each person’s pathway to personal learning and growth is unique and this is where experiential practices can offer varied entry points into personal learning. The work is not always easy but when the strategies are gentle and deep, the journey is most meaningful.
Experience leading individuals and groups such as:
A decision to explore our inner world is the first step through the gates. How to proceed can often require a witness or companion. As a counsellor and arts therapist I have learnt that sharing our story with others allows us to deeply connect to ourselves and our communities. Often, new stories can emerge that empower us when we let go of how things could, should or need to be. Creative play can free us up enough to do this in a safe yet open manner.
- Primary school children
- VCAL students
- Health professionals such as overseas doctors
and nurses undertaking examinations
- Community services workers
- Adult education trainers
- Aged-care activities
- Neighbourhood House classes
- Classes for the Justice Department
- University students
- Refugee and migrant community groups
Qualifications in Education, Professional Writing, the Creative Arts, and Yoga
- Bachelor of Arts & Graduate Diploma in Education (University of Melbourne)
- Masters in Communication – Professional Writing (Victoria University)
- Masters in Creative & Experiential Arts Therapy (Melbourne Institute of Experiential & Creative Arts Therapy)
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors)
- Foundations in Counselling (Victoria University)
- Diploma in Yogic Studies (Satyananda Yoga)
- Certificate III in Community Services (Centre for Adult Education)
- Certificate IV TAE (Navitas Professional)
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Health (Gordon TAFE)